Where to vote on Saturday
VOTERS in Ballina Shire will vote in either of two electorates on Saturday, August 21, to choose Australia’s first elected female Prime Minister or to change the government and elect Tony Abbott as PM.
The majority of Ballina Shire is in the Page electorate, while Lennox Head and Skennars Head sit on the southern end of the Richmond electorate.
Page covers an area of approximately 16,143 sq km from Yamba in the south to Ballina in the north on the coastal side, and from Hernani in the south to the Queensland border on the inland side.
Richmond covers an area of approximately 2768 sq km from the New South Wales/Queensland border in the north to Lennox Head and Skennars Head in the south.
Polling booths will open at 8am and close at 6pm.
Where you can vote:
* Alstonville High School, Cawley Close
* Ballina High School, Burnet Street.
* Ballina Hospital Cherry Street.
* Emmanuel Anglican College, 62 Horizon Drive, West Ballina.
* Empire Vale Public School, River Drive.
* Meerschaum Vale Hall, Wardell Road.
* Pimlico Hall, 580 Pimlico Road.
* Rous Public School, Rous Road.
* Southern Cross School K-12, Chickiba Drive, East Ballina.
* Wardell & District War Memorial Hall, Richmond Street.
* Lennox Head Public School, 25 Byron Street.
* Tintenbar Public School, 28 Fredricks Lane.
* Xavier Catholic College, Redford Drive, Skennars Head.