UPDATE: Health leaders expected 'on ground' in Rockhampton
UPDATE, 4.30pm: Deputy Premier and Health Minister Steven Miles, along with Chief Health Officer Jeanette Young will tomorrow visit Rockhampton in response to the infected nurse case.
Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk announced the news this afternoon, saying the visit would allow the pair to closely monitor the situation for all aged care homes.
Both leaders are also expected to hold a press conference with local media.
"They will be undertaking a very thorough assessment and providing information to everyone," she said.
No new cases have been recorded for Queensland overnight.
Only 12 active cases remain across the state.
UPDATE, Sunday 1pm: All COVID-19 testing on 235 staff and residents of North Rockhampton Nursing Centre have returned a negative result.
The news has offered some relief to anxious loved ones and residents after it was last week revealed a nurse who worked at the home had tested positive to the virus.
Deputy Premier Steven Miles announced the news this afternoon, adding Queensland Health was still awaiting further test results for 37 more staff members.
He said however, staff and residents would not be in the clear entirely for an additional 12 days.
Member for Rockhampton Barry O'Rourke labelled the development as "another positive update."
Further contact tracing is still underway to determine who the infected nurse came into contact with.
A specialised operation to transport 35 residents of North Rockhampton's Nursing Centre's Westwood wing was yesterday complete.
The residents are now confirmed to have been moved to either and Rockhampton's Mater Hospital and Hillcrest Private Hospital.
Mr Miles offered his gratitude to the eight ambulance crews involved in the task.
"I'm so incredibly proud of the hard work our frontline staff, our public health workers, and our paramedics put in to keep these vulnerable Queenslanders safe.
UPDATE, Saturday 6.15pm: The transfer of an expected 35 patients from North Rockhampton Nursing Centre has now been complete.
Deputy Premier Steven Miles confirmed the news, saying the transfers had also been complete ahead of schedule.
It was expected to take until at least 7.30pm this evening.
UPDATE, 5.30pm: Deputy Premier Steven Miles has this evening announced the successful transfer of 20 residents from North Rockhampton Nursing Centre.
The specialist transfer was announced today as the nursing home undergoes strict lockdown procedures after one of its nurses tested positive to COVID-19.
Mr Miles said in a statement he expects 35 residents will be transported by the end of the day.
Residents are being transferred between Rockhampton's Hillcrest Private Hospital and Mater Hospital.
UPDATE, 2pm: It is understood the enrolled nurse who tested positive for COVID-19 yesterday was working on reception duties at North Rockhampton Nursing Centre.
However, it is believed she had not been in direct contact with any members of the general public who visited the centre.
Chief Health Office Jeanette Young confirmed the news this afternoon, saying the woman had also not been working directly with the centre's residents.
"It was still significant, she was in the facility and still had contact which is why we needed to quarantine the residents from each other immediately," Ms Young said.
Residents from the Westwood wing are expected to be transferred to the Mater Hospital and Hillcrest Hospital.
Secondary testing to determine whether the nurse returned a "false positive" will not occur.
The origin of where the woman first contracted the virus remains unclear.
UPDATE, 1pm: The transfer of some residents from North Rockhampton Nursing Centre has commenced this afternoon.
Residents from the facility's Westwood wing are being transferred by a specialised team of paramedics.
It is believed ambulances are arriving to the nursing centre in around 10-minute intervals.
A maximum of three ambulances have been on-site at one time.
It is unknown at this time which other facilities these residents will be transferred to.
The transfer of these residents means those in the at-risk Ivy Baker wing are able to be spread across the facility under strict quarantine.
The specialist task is expected to take around 24-hours to complete.
INITIAL, 10.45am: ALL of the 193 COVID-19 tests conducted at North Rockhampton's nursing centre have returned a negative result.
In an update provided around 10.30am by Deputy Premier Steven Miles, he confirmed 114 of the facility's 115 residents had been tested.
In addition to the nursing centre residents, it is believed the nurse had also come in contact with 39 staff members and 3 members of the community.
Those individuals are now under quarantine.
Plans to transfer some residents out of the community are now underway.
Mr Miles said residents located in the nursing centre's Westwood wing will be transferred to a different facility by a specialised team of paramedics.
This will allow residents of the Ivy Baker wing to be spread throughout the facility as it remains in strict lockdown.
The transfers are expected to commence at 11am this morning and should take around 24 hours to complete.
Queensland has recorded one new case of the virus overnight.
More to come.