A TODDLER has died in a fire which destroyed a family home in NSW outback.
When firefighters in the central western town of Cobar were called to a blaze late Monday, a distraught mother told them her two-year-old daughter was still trapped inside.
A quick-thinking neighbour had rescued the woman's four-year-old son from the fire but could not overcome the smoke to go back for the boy's little sister.
The toddler's body was later discovered in the ruins.
Her mother and brother were taken to hospital and treated for shock.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.