1. Old and Gold Festival: Brunswick Heads becomes the stage for the award-winning Old and Gold Festival. If you're into collectables, antiques or anything second hand, or are just on the lookout for a great bargain, the festival is for you. There will be four fairs, and more than 80 all town garage sales, environmental displays and activities, marbles championships, horse and carriage rides, music and entertainment. Pick up a boot load of bargains. At Brunswick Heads, todaySaturday, 6th June 2015 from 8am. For details visit their website.
2. Love Lennox Festival: Lennox Head is having a party and you are invited! The Love Lennox Festival is a celebration of everything you love about Lennox Head as a quality cultural destination: beautiful beaches, family ambience, superb quality food and drinks, chic boutiques, great music and exciting entertainment for all, with special events for the kids. A full day of free and family friendly celebrating life in the village. At Main Street, Lennox Head, today from 9am.
3. Paper Plane Competition: Part of the Love Lennox Festival, the Paper Plane on the Green Competition will be restricted to a hundred entries in two divisions: Under 15 years of age, and 16 years and over. Entries close 10am today or at 100 entries. The objective of this competition will be to create a paper aeroplane out of a single sheet of paper that flies a long distance, and/or has a long hang time. Prizes will be awarded to two categories: Distance travelled and time aloft (hang time). At Club Lennox, 10 Stewart St, Lennox Head, today from 11am.
4. Ballina Lions Fun-Run-Walk: Head to Missingham Bridge Reserve to join in the Ballina Lions Fun-Run-Walk, now in its 10th year. The event welcomes all skill levels, from elite athletes through to walkers. Many runners who regularly compete in triathlons join in the fun at the Ballina Lions Fun-Run-Walk. The five and ten kilometre courses are Australian Athletics certified and the course follows the picturesque foreshores of Ballina. From Kingsford Smith Dr, Ballina, tomorrow Sunday, 7th June 2015. Regsitrations from 8am.
5. Walk the Walk: Starting from Summit Gym in Goonellabah to Crozier Oval in Lismore, Walk the Walk 2015 is only 8km, so you can take as long as you like. The challenge's circuit is mostly downhill and you'll be helping to support Lifeline's lifesaving work in the Northern Rivers. Individual registrations are $10, family registrations are $20, plus you can register as a fundraiser at www.walkthewalk.org.au and sought support for your efforts from your family and friends. There will be free transport from the finish back to the start to pick up your car. From Summit Gym, 791 Ballina Rd, Goonellabah, today. Registration from 8am.
6. 2015 National Little League Championships: Lismore is proud to be hosting the 2015 Little League National Championships from June 4 - June 9. Little League is the world's largest youth sports program, and 2015 marks the ninth year in Australia. The Championships will feature twenty All-Star Little League teams from across Australia over a six day tournament. The winning team will receive automatic qualification for the Little League World Series in Pennsylvania, USA. At Albert Park, Keen St, Lismore, from 8.30am. Free Event.
7. Faulty Towers The Dining Experience: Waited upon by Basil, Sybil and Manuel, this is fully immersive, highly improvised and site-specific comedy theatre at its best. Only one third of the show scripted, so anything can happen as you take a seat in the Faulty Towers restaurant. Expect all the best gags, shambolic service and a 1970s-style three-course meal. Just don't mention the war! At the Ballina RSL Club, Ballina, today from 7pm. For details click here.
8. Tintenbar Up Front : Tintenbar Up Front presents an opportunity for all performers: musicians, poets, comedians, dancers and more. . Come see the lady from the shop, hear that guy from the mechanic's belt out a tune on guitar, and have a drop with your neighbour. Bring the kids for the Friday wind down. Bev Singh provides a delicious Indian banquet but you must book to ensure you get a meal. At Tintenbar Hall, George St, Tintenbar, on Thursday, June 11. Dinner from 6.30pm.
9. NSW Police 100 Years of Women in Police Baton Relay: 2015 marks 100 years of Women in Police and, to celebrate, the NSW Police is conducting a baton relay throughout NSW to showcase and celebrate the milestone. The Richmond Local Area Command leg of the relay will commence at the Ballina RSL Club carpark at 10am and travel to Missingham Bridge Amphitheatre, where there will be a small ceremony at 10.30am to celebrate the centenary and other activities including stalls, competitions, displays and a barbecue. From Kingsford Smith Dr, Ballina, this Friday, June 12.
10. Foodie Friday Food Trail: Commence your journey in Wharf St, Murwillumbah, where you will receive your Foodie Friday Food Trail map. Your map will take you on a culinary journey that will delight your senses. Enjoy the ambience of the market place then go on a journey from restaurant to restaurant enjoying the tastes and talents of the town in a progressive dinner style. Murwillumbah's cafes and restaurants will offer $6 and $12 tasting plates showcasing the fresh produce and gastronomic diversity of the Tweed. Don't forget a coupon system has been introduced for your tasting plates. BYO tables, chairs and drinks. Bon appetite!! At Wharf Street, Murwillumbah, on Friday, June 12, from 6pm. For details click here.
- Alstonville Farmers Market, Bugden Ln car park, Alstonville.
- Lismore Farmers Market, Lismore Showground.
- Uki Farmers market, every Saturday morning.
- Kyogle Farmers Markets, Stratheden St, Kyogle.
- Blue Knob Farmers Market, 719 Blue Knob Rd, Lillian Rock.
- Bangalow Farmers Market, 1 Byron St, Bangalow
- Brunswick Heads Market, Memorial Park
- Lismore Handmade Market, Keen and Magellan Sts.
- Lismore Car Boot Market, Lismore Shopping Square.
- Byron Community Market, Butler Street Reserve.
- Missingham Bridge Markets, Missingham Bridge, Kingsford Dr, Ballina.
Always check the event's website to avoid dissapointment.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.