Take a sneak peek at this $19m Whitsunday mansion
A NEW television show will give viewers an intimate look at Australia's most lavish and extravagant homes.
Channel 9's Unreal Estate, hosted by comedian Cam Knight and radio host Kate Langbroek, will kick off this month, with a look at Airlie Beach's Mandalay House.
Mandalay is on the market with an asking price of $19million.
Ray White Whitsunday principal Mark Beale is managing the sale.
"It was a good fun time showing Kate around," he said.
"(The episode will) shed some light on the Whitsundays too, so it's good for the area."
Mr Beale said Mandalay's location was a selling point. It sits on a private waterfront spot in the Whitsundays and the house backs onto a national park.
The 4241sqm block also features a helipad.
"Taylor Swift could fly in for a weekend and no one would know," he said.
Another selling point was the "amazing" house design and attention to detail.
"It's a big house but it doesn't feel stupidly big - it feels very homely," he said.
Mr Beale said he'd had interest from around the world, with potential buyers from America, Greece and India as well as Australians.
The owners had vacated the home and it was "ready to sell", he said.
Unreal Estate kicks off on Channel 9 this month.
- 4241sqm north-west facing block
- Backed by a national park
- 2649sqm residence
- Horizon pool
- Six king-sized bedrooms, all with en suites
- Nine bathrooms
- 144sqm master bedroom with lounge and separate 52sqm walk-in dressing room
- Formal lounge and dining room
- Kitchen with adjoining casual dining plus butler's pantry and walk-in cold room
- Ocean-front pavilion with dining for 14
- Self-contained office with secretarial space
- Climate controlled cellar with dining for 12
- Cinema, gymnasium and pool room
- Separate fully self-contained caretaker/staff cottage
- Five-car garage