PRICES have dropped as part of an update to the popular Subaru XV range .
The entry-level 2.0i model now has a retail price of $26,490. That marks a $1250 reduction after the Japanese already lopped $750 off the price back in January when the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with Japan came into effect.
Subaru also says it has improved interior quality and enhanced infotainment on all models.
The XV 2.0i-L and 2.0i-S pricing has also been reduced. Previously priced at $31,990 plus on-roads, the 2.0i-L dropped $750 in January due to the FTA, and now comes down a further $1250 to $29,990.
The 2.0i-S has also dropped $2000 since January to $32,490.
This follows price reductions on Forester and Impreza, as well as aggressive pricing on the Liberty and Outback models which were launched on January 1 this year.
"The small SUV segment is highly competitive and with this realignment, and all the extra equipment, we are confident of growing XV sales.
"Combine those virtues with Subaru's Japanese build quality and design, and it's another positive move to ensure the optimum result for our customers.
"The price drops of $2000 across the entire XV range, come with added features, including improved interiors and infotainment."
Inside the XV a number of changes have been made to improve the overall quality, including all-new infotainment and enhancements.
MY15 XV highlights:
• All-new infotainment - new level of onboard information and entertainment
• 2.0i equipped with 6.2" touchscreen unit
• 2.0i-L and 2.0i-S equipped with 7" satellite navigation unit
• Interior quality enhanced
• Upgraded steering wheel audio switches
• Silver accents around air conditioning vents
• Metallic accents on front door arm rests
• Silver rings around air-con dials
• 2 x 5V DC USB charge ports for rear passengers (located at the back of centre console)
• USB and auxiliary port moved to sit under audio unit
2.0i Premium and 2.0i-S
• Upgraded CVT shifter surround
• Stitching on leather trim is now silver instead of black
• Upgraded instrument cluster
• New Multi-information Display unit located in the middle of the instrument cluster between the speedo and the tacho. It is controlled by the steering wheel switches. Displays a digital speedometer, some basic trip info, gear select and auto start stop information.
XV MY15 PRICING
XV 2.0i (m) $26,490
XV 2.0i (a) $28,990
XV 2.0i-L (m) $29,990
XV 2.0i-L (a) $32,490
XV 2.0i-S (m) $32,490
XV 2.0i-S (a) $34,990
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.