Search finds evidence boy, 12, was killed by crocodile

POLICE searching for  a missing 12-year-old boy in the Northern Territory have found "strong evidence" he was killed  by a crocodile.

Early this morning police and Parks Australia personnel recommenced searching for the boy, who was believed to have been taken by a crocodile while  swimming with friends in a billabong west of Jabiru.

Acting Commander Michael White of the Northern Command said teams conducted ground, boat and air searches since the boy's disappearance at Mudginberri Billabong on Sunday afternoon.

"Search teams have now located evidence within the search area which strongly indicates the boy has died from the crocodile attack," Acting Commander White said.

"Further DNA testing will be conducted to confirm the identification.

"No specifics will be given in relation to the trauma or type of evidence located out of respect for the family.

"This is now an investigation for the Northern Territory Coroner and a brief will be prepared."


School’s mission to have ‘meaningful’ Year 12 formal

Premium Content School’s mission to have ‘meaningful’ Year 12 formal

FORMALS had been banned, but now they will be allowed and planning is under way.

It’s all smiles for North Coast Big Bash fans

Premium Content It’s all smiles for North Coast Big Bash fans

Great news for region after announcement on the biggest sporting event of the...

Woman in 20s scoops ‘insane’ $60m prize

Woman in 20s scoops ‘insane’ $60m prize

A woman in her 20s has won an “insane” $60 million Powerball jackpot