SCHOOL CLOSURES: Which Northern Rivers schools aren't open
MORE schools have been confirmed as being non-operational today because of flooding in the area.
This currently includes:
- Chillingham Public School
- Collins Creek Public School
- Crystal Creek Public School
- Durrumbul Public School
- Jiggi Public School
- Main Arm Public School
- The Pocket Public School
- Tuntable Creek Public School
- Tyalgum Public School
- Mt St Patrick College, Murwillumbah
A NUMBER of schools across the Northern Rivers have been closed due to flooding on local roads.
It is understood no flooding has impacted the below public schools directly and the facilities are closed because of impacts on local roads.
Mt St Patrick College in Murwillumbah has experienced flooding on surrounding roads, as has the neighbouring showground.
Schools currently closed include:
• Mt St Patrick College, Murwillumbah. Some staff are present so if students have caught the bus and arrive there, there will be supervision. But the school will be non-operational.
• Jiggi Public School, Jiggi
• Tuntable Creek Public School, Tuntable Creek
• The Pocket Public School, Billinudgel
• Durrumbul Public School, Main Arm
• Collins Creek Public School, Collins Creek