Police shoot man in head as he 'tries to run them down'
A MAN is in a critical condition having been shot in the head and arm by police, after allegedly attempting to drive a four-wheel-drive towing a trailer at officers in Rochedale South this morning.
The 20-year-old has now been taken to Princess Alexandra Hospital.
Acting Assistant Commisioner for south-east region Stephen Hollands said police were called to the scene about 8.30am in relation to what is believed to be a stolen ride-on lawnmower.
He said police were confronted by two men in the four-wheel-drive, the 20-year-old behind the wheel.
Police fired, although Act Asst Comm Hollands could not say how many shots were fired.
The two senior constables from Logan have now been separated so they can be interviewed by the Police Ethical Standards Command, which is overseen by the Crime and Corruption Commission.
There is no word on the age of the second man in the four-wheel-drive.
Reports: Man shot in head by police in outer Brisbane
POLICE are yet to confirm reports that a man in the outer Brisbane suburb of Rochedale has been shot in the head.
Emergency services were called to Priestdale Rd in Rochedale at 8.37am and "it is believed that shots were fired", according to a spokeswoman.
As of 9.15am, police were yet to release confirm anything more about the shooting, other than to say police were on the scene.
Metropolitan media are suggesting the man was shot in the head, with the gun understood to have been fired by police.
TOP STORIES ONLINE TODAY
- Family stunned by drowning of young fitness instructor
- Footballer dies after somersault to celebrate goal
- Palmer in court over $12 million fund
- Man 'shanks' fellow prisoner 18 times
- Marlisa Punzalan has won the 2014 X Factor
- Man faces rape, sexual assault charges
- Seatbelt saves life of a young mother
- 'Ungodly scream' as boy, 8, bitten by brown snake
- Alert issued before gas worker death
- Police 'on notice' in murder case against O'Dempsey