Another one? Python swallows Whitsunday family’s pet dog
MICHELLE Grigg is not surprised a snake swallowed her pet dog, Walter.
The news comes just a week after a report of another dog being eaten by a python while it was chained to its kennel in New South Wales.
Ms Grigg and her husband had heard Walter's cries early in the morning before going out to investigate.
"My husband went out on the road to look for him," she said.
"I was standing out on our patio where we have big pot plants and I looked down at my feet and there was the snake (above)."
Ms Grigg is used to scrub pythons invading the chook house on her Whitsunday property but she was saddened Walter has become the snake's latest victim.
She said the dog had been a gift from her children's aunt.
"I was very calm. I'm good in stressful situations."
"I woke them up for school and told them what had happened," Ms Grigg said.
"They were absolutely devastated and my son wanted me to have killed it so he could have buried Walter.
"But I picked up the snake and relocated it.
"I've lived on property since I was five years old and I've been catching snakes since I was little."