News

Product flaw could lead you to ingest glass

A COMMON brand of pickled ginger has been recalled amidst concerns people eating it could end up swallowing glass. 

The ACCC has issued a recall on 200g jards of Pandaroo Sushi Ginger and is urging people who have bought the product to return it to the supermarket where they got it and recieve a full refund. 

Pandaroo ginger
Pandaroo ginger

The pickled ginger was sold at Woolworths in Queensland and New South Wales and SPAR supermarkets across the sunshine state. 

Topics:  editors picks ginger glass woolworths


Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

Water crisis: 'Every day it's getting worse'

HOME AND HOSED: Blu-Water employee Rowan Weir collects more water for his deliveries around the Northern Rivers after residents wait in dire need of rain to fill their tanks.

'Desperate' people forced to wait up to five weeks for tank water

A piece of Ballina history up for sale

HISTORIC SALE: Glenn (right) and Nathan Mills from McGrath real estate agency in Ballina are the selling agents for the historic Ballina building, Riversleigh.

Riversleigh guest house on market

REVEALED: Zeppelin frontman to play at Bluesfest

Former Led Zepplin Frontman Robert Plants performs on in the Mojo Tent on the 3rd night of the Blues fest. Photo Patrick Gorbunovs/ The Northern Star

Bluesfest has announced some exciting acts to play in 2018

Local Partners