Pair die from heater fumes in campsite cabin

A SYDNEY couple has died from what police suspect were fumes from a woodchip heater at a property in the New South Wales Blue Mountains.

Emergency services were called to a campsite cabin on Browns Rd at Kurrajong on Monday just before 8.30am where they discovered the bodies of a man and a woman.

The couple are believed to be in their 30s.

Initial reports suggested there was no ventilation in the cabin and a type of fuel, possibly charcoal or woodchips, was still burning inside at the time.

Authorities are understood to be investigating whether the pair may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

- APN NEWSDESK.


Queensland’s border snub to Sydney is a political gamble

Premium Content Queensland’s border snub to Sydney is a political gamble

OPINION: The Queensland Premier’s decision to continue to shut-out Sydneysiders has...

New KFC store set to open soon

Premium Content New KFC store set to open soon

ABOUT $800,000 will be spent on the fit-out of the Northern Rivers’ newest fast...

Students plant hundreds of koala trees to inspire others

Premium Content Students plant hundreds of koala trees to inspire others

High school students have spearheaded a project to boost koala habitat on private...