Mum fears toddler swallowed calculator battery

A TODDLER was rushed to Brisbane yesterday after swallowing what was thought to be a calculator battery.

The two-year-old boy was taken to Nambour General Hospital by his mother.

She said she believed he had swallowed one of the batteries, which can release acid.

The boy and his mother were airlifted from Nambour to the Royal Children's Hospital in Brisbane by the Sunshine Coast-based RACQ CareFlight Rescue Helicopter.

The boy was transported in a stable condition to Brisbane, an emergency services spokesman said.

The Seven Network reported the toddler underwent surgery at the Royal Children's Hospital late yesterday as a result of the incident.

Neither his name nor condition was available last night.

WHAT'S MAKING NEWS:


Splendour tickets sold out in minutes

Splendour tickets sold out in minutes

If you missed out, don’t panic and read on

EASY GUIDE: How to get your tickets for Splendour 2018

EASY GUIDE: How to get your tickets for Splendour 2018

Line-up has been revealed, now it's time to get ready for festival

The new rules you need to know if you use e-cigarettes

The new rules you need to know if you use e-cigarettes

The Health Minister has announced new regulations

Local Partners