McIlroy ready for comeback at US Open
A FRUSTRATED Rory McIlroy is eyeing a comeback to tournament golf at the US Open after recovering from a rib injury.
The world No.2 missed the PGA Championship at Wentworth last week and also pulled out of the Memorial Tournament in Ohio this weekend.
But he confirmed he would be a definite starter in Wisconsin on June 15 as he looked to add to his four major titles and the US Open crown he won in 2011.
"I am ready for Erin Hills and looking forward to playing there for the first time," the 28-year-old told the Guardian.
"The last few weeks have obviously been frustrating.
"I never like to miss events either on the PGA Tour or European Tour, but it was important I got back to a level of fitness where I felt like I could give myself the best possible chance at the US Open.
"As I have said many times before, majors will ultimately determine my golf career but I have had the rest of this busy season to consider as well."