‘Petrol on flame’ leads to serious burns

A MAN is in hospital after sustaining serious burns at a residence at Bli Bli, north of Mooloolaba.

The man was believed to have received the injuries after throwing petrol on an open flame.

Paramedics were called to a private residence about 3.20pm and took the 37-year-old under lights and sirens to Sunshine Coast University Hospital.

A Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman said the man was in a serious condition.


Scary number of drivers falling asleep while driving

Scary number of drivers falling asleep while driving

Staggering number of NSW drivers have nodded off behind the wheel.

Major brewer feels the sting of ring pull beer caps

Major brewer feels the sting of ring pull beer caps

There's a beer backlash brewing across Australia

New equipment helps keep us safe in the water

New equipment helps keep us safe in the water

Organisation plays a crucial role in patrolling our waterways

Local Partners