Kentucky fly’d chicken: man finds nasty surprise in takeaway
A HERVEY Bay man got a shock during a snack after he found a fly in chicken bought from KFC in Pialba.
Ken Cavanagh bought more than $40 worth of KFC for dinner on Wednesday night and ate most of it when he took it home.
The next day, as he was picking at leftovers, he noticed a mark on a chicken wing.
"I thought it was just burned," he said.
But instead Mr Cavanagh peeled open the chicken and noticed a dead fly stuck inside.
The full-time carer rang the store to complain, but said the shift manager was unhelpful.
"She said to come back to the store and they'd replace the chicken," he said.
"I've just found a fly in my chicken - I don't think I'll feel like KFC for a long time."
The Hervey Bay KFC store manager called Mr Cavanagh on Friday and apologised for the incident.
"I'm happy with his response and he's offered me a full refund and replacement," Mr Cavanagh said.
A KFC spokesman said it was an irregular occurrence.
"KFC takes food safety very seriously and follows strict food safety and handling procedures in all of its restaurants," he said.
"KFC's food preparation and cooking processes meet and exceed Australian requirements and we impress compliance with these standards upon every store."