JUST the exhaust soundtrack would be enough to rock the foundations. But jump on the accelerator of the new HSV and there is enough grunt pull your house interstate.
Holden Special Vehicles is about to launch the fastest, most powerful performance production car ever built in Australia.
Under the bonnet of the HSV GTS is a 6.2-lutre V8 which generates 430 kilowatts of power and 740 Newton meters of torque - or about four times that achieved by Australia's best-selling car, the Mazda3.
With 430kW the engine has 32% more power than HSV's current most powerful offering.
The 105kW power jump matches equals the biggest power jump in the brand's 25 year history.
No prices have been revealed, but it's expected to cost sub-$100,000.
Production of the new GTS will begin in late August with vehicles due to arrive in HSV showrooms early September.
The GTS is part of the wider Gen-F range that will be available from mid-June, which the performance carmaker says is the most significant in the company's 25-year history.
Among the changes are more subdued styling along with an all-new interior.
Like the new VF Commodores set to be launched this month, the HSV range will also come with technologies such as automatic parking functionality, blind spot warning system and keyless entry.
There will be four engine outputs, including the flagship 430kW derivative.
Base model Clubsports will have carryover powerplants, the 6.2-litreL LS3Generation IV V8 from the E-Series 3 model which generate 317kW of power and 550 Newton-metres of torque.
R8 sedan and wagon derivatives of the Clubsport get slight power increases to 325kW.
Then there is the "SV Enhanced" options, which improved power and torque upgrades to 340kW and 570Nm
"It's a really proud moment for the team," said HSV's managing director Phil Harding.
"The Gen-F range is the culmination of over four years of design, development and testing and we're really confident that we've developed the best HSVs ever."
Highlights of the new range include:
- An all-new, premium interior encompassing new seats and fabrics, instrument panel and cluster, gauges, centre console, trims and finishes
- The availability of four engine power outputs including the introduction of the most powerful engine ever fitted to a locally manufactured vehicle - a 430kW & 740Nm power-plant to be fitted as standard equipment to the company's flagship model - GTS
- The availability of an "SV" option on the three "R8" derivatives - ClubSport R8, ClubSport R8 Tourer and Maloo R8 - providing a power upgrade to 340kW / 570Nm, a unique 20-inch SV Performance forged alloy wheel finished in satin
- Graphite, a lo-line spoiler, also finished in Satin Graphite (ClubSport R8) and distinctive "pitch black" accents on the fender vents and exterior mirror scalps
- The addition of an extensive range of technological enhancements including Bi-Modal Air Intake, 3rd Generation Magnetic Ride Control, Torque Vectoring and a Driver Preference Dial which controls a range of electronic vehicle performance systems
- All-new forged brake calipers and larger rotors that combine to deliver significant improvements in pedal feel, stopping power and a reduction in unsprung mass
The adoption of high performance Continental 5P tyres that deliver improvements in performance, ride quality and grip.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.