Paris attacks: Gunman's father, brother now in custody
- Attackers: One French, Syrian and Egyptian passports found
- Passport found by suicide bomber belonged to refugee
- Australian PM Malcolm Turnbull: We will not bend to their will
- Suicide bomber denied entry to Stade de France before attacks
- Police searching for 'black car carrying four armed men'
- At least 129 people killed and 352 injured, 99 critically
- All eight gunmen dead but more arrests made in Belgium
- French man arrested after 'gun' found at Gatwick Airport
- Francois Hollande vows 'merciless response' to Isis barbarity
- The group said it was 'just the beginning of the storm'
- David Cameron: 'We must be prepared for British casualties'
- Disneyland Paris has closed and sports fixtures cancelled
PARIS ATTACKS: Special Coverage
THE father and brother of one of the attackers killed while committing an act of terror in Paris on Friday night are now in the custody of French police.
The pair are related to a 29-year-old French man who prosecutor Francois Molins said had been "radicalised" but had not been targeted by counter-terrorism probes.
The gunman was identified by a severed fingertip, according to ABC News.
The man's 34-year-old brother contacted police and are now being held by police.
The father's home in Romilly-sur-Seine, about 130km east of Paris, was searched, as was the brother's home in Bondoufle.
How does the Paris attack make you feel about your safety?
This poll ended on 30 November 2015.
No different. These were isolated extremists who want us to feel scared. I won't let them win.
A little unsafe. This could happen anywhere, with any target.
Really worried. I don't think Australia is prepared for an attack like this.
It makes me less likely to visit Europe, but I feel safe here.
This is not a scientific poll. The results reflect only the opinions of those who chose to participate.
Three teams killed 129 , wounded 359, says French prosecutor
THE attacks on Paris which killed 129 people were carried out by three teams, according to the capital's chief prosecutor.
Francois Molins told media, "we have to find out where they came from... and how they were financed".
He said seven attackers were killed, each heavily armed and wearing "primitive" yet "identical" explosive belts.
The acts of terrorism have been claimed by Islamic State militants.
Mr Molins said: "We can say at this stage of the investigation, there were probably three co-ordinated teams of terrorists behind this barbaric act."
One of the attackers killed has been identified as a 30-year-old French national with a criminal record but who has never been jailed.
He was from the town of Courcouronnes, about 25km west of Paris. He was known to security forces as having been radicalised, but was never targeted in counter-terrorism investigations.
All seven of the Paris gunmen had used Kalashnikov assault rifles.
Authorities are now on the hunt for two cars in relation to the attacks -- a black Seat used by gunmen and a black Volkswagen Polo with Belgian resgistration plates found at the concert hall where hostages were taken.
In another part of Europe, Poland is now refusing to accept migrants from the European Union with a security guarantee.
It is the first sign that the attack on Paris could put further pressure on Europe's refugee policies.
"We'll accept (refugees only) if we have security guarantees," says Polish minister Konrad Szymanski.
This is a key condition, and today a question mark has been put next to it all around Europe."
He did not say what he meant by security guarantees.
Refugees fleeing warzones condemn attacks, fearing they could be treated with suspicion.
Asylum-seekers fleeing war and poverty in Syria and other countries are condemning the Paris attacks, fearing it may become even more difficult now to start new lives in Western Europe.
The refugees travelling through Slovenia toward Austria, Germany and other EU nations said the attacks in Paris, which killed at least 129 people, resemble the wars they are running away from.
Zebar Akram, 29, from Iraq, said: "this is the same act of terrorism like they act in Syria or Iraq."
Abdul Selam, 31, from Syria fears refugees now "will be considered as probable attackers."
Meanwhile, details have emerged that a man wearing suicide vest was denied entry to Stade de France before detonating his suicide vest as he backed away from the venue's security.
Police suspect the man had planned to detonate his vest inside the packed stadium to trigger a deadly stampede.
Around three minutes later, another man blew himself up outside the stadium. A third attacker detonated explosives at a nearby McDonalds, police have said.
Briton among those killed in attack at concert hall
Nick Alexander has been named as the Briton killed during the attack.
He was from Colchester, Essex, and was selling merchandise at the Bataclan concert hall.
In a statement issued through the Foreign Office, his family said:
"It is with huge sorrow that we can confirm that our beloved Nick lost his life at the Bataclan last night.
"Nick was not just our brother, son and uncle, he was everyone's best friend - generous, funny and fiercely loyal.
"Nick died doing the job he loved and we take great comfort in knowing how much he was cherished by his friends around the world.
"Thank you for your thoughts and respect for our family at this difficult time. Peace and light."
French national living in Belgium arrested
A French national living in Belgium who hired the black Polo, registered in Belgium, has now been arrested.
Belgium authorities confirmed he was arrested this morning while driving another vehicle, along with two others who were in the car with him.
A note on the cars used in the attack:
A black Seat was used for the attack near Rue Faubourg de Temple that killed five people and was also used in the shooting at the Belle Équipe restaurant.
The terrorists used a black Polo to approach the Bataclan.
They burst into the concert firing in bursts before gathering hostages in the orchestra pit.
They are said to have discussed the situation in Syria and Iraq.
Paris in shock after co-ordinated campaign of terror kills more than 120
PARIS is confronting shock and bewilderment after 129 people were feared to have been killed in what appeared to be a series of coordinated terrorist shootings outside bars, restaurants and a rock concert venue.
Up to 100 people were believed to have been killed inside the Bataclan rock music venue where a rick group was playing before a crowd of hundreds.
Reports said more than 40 others lost their lives in shootings and bomb attacks elsewhere in the city. Paris's Public Prosecutor Francois Molins said he expected the death toll to surpass 140.
One of the explosions - believed to the the work of a suicide bomber - took place near the Stade de France stadium where President Francois Hollande was watching a friendly game.
Mr Hollande later declared a state of emergency and closed the nation's borders.
Around 1,500 troops were deployed. In the early hours of Saturday morning, French police said they believed all of the attackers involved in the shootings and bombings were dead. Police chief Micheal Cadot said they were looking for possible accomplices.
"As I speak, terrorist attacks of unprecedented proportions are underway in the Paris area. There are dozens killed, there are many injured. It is a horror," he said in an address to the nation.
The series of attacks on multiple locations came ten months after the city was left reeling after the attack on the offices of the Charlie Hebdo magazine, when 12 people were killed by Islamic extremists.
Amid the swirl of horror of confusion, the focus of the deadliest violence appears to have have taken place at the Bataclan venue, where the Eagles of Death Metal were playing to a crowd of up to 1,000.
There, scores of people were held hostage and attackers hurled explosives at their captives. Police who stormed the building, killing two attackers, encountered a bloody scene of horror inside.
Paris police officials said security officials had launched an assault on the concert hall, killing at least three attackers. One described "carnage" inside the building, saying the attackers tossed explosives at the hostages.
"There was blood everywhere, there were bodies everywhere," said one witness, named as Marc Coupris, and who said he was inside the hall.
Julien Pierce, a French radio journalist who was in the concert hall when the gunmen burst in, told Europe 1 radio: "Two or three people, unmasked, started shooting kalachikov-type rifles blindly into the crowd…It lasted for ten or 15 minutes. It was very violent. People surged towards the stage. People were trampled. The gunmen seemed very young."
In addition to the deaths at the concert hall, a police official said 11 people were killed in a Paris restaurant in the 10th arrondissement and other officials said at least three people died when bombs went off outside a stadium.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attacks, and no clear picture of how many attackers were involved and if any were on the run.
Jihadists on Twitter immediately praised the attack and criticised France's military operations against Islamic State extremists.
Mr Hollande, who had to be evacuated from the stadium when the bombs went off outside, said in a televised address that the nation would stand firm and united.
"This is a terrible ordeal that again assails us," he said. "We know where it comes from, who these criminals are, who these terrorists are."
US President Barack Obama, speaking to reporters in Washington, called the attacks on Paris "outrageous attempt to terrorise innocent civilians" and vowed to do whatever it takes to help bring the perpetrators to justice. He called the attacks a "heartbreaking situation" and an "attack on all of humanity."
Earlier on Friday, two explosions were heard outside the Stade de France stadium north of Paris during a France-Germany friendly football match. A police union official said there were two suicide attacks and a bombing that killed at least three people.
The attacks came as France had heightened security measures ahead of a major global climate conference that starts in two weeks, out of fear of violent protests and potential terrorist attacks.
Mr Hollande canceled a planned trip to this weekend's G-20 summit in Turkey, which was to focus in large part on growing fears of terrorism carried out by Islamic extremists.
Earlier, Police said two suspected terrorists had been killed in the storming of the Bataclan concert hall early today.
At least ten hostages escaped unharmed. It is not known whether other hostages were killed or wounded.
One police source said that there were "bodies everywhere" in the concert hall. Many had been killed in the original terrorist assault.
The official death toll at 01.03 Paris time was 41 - but this excluded the unknown number of killings in the Bataclan.
These are the locations of the six attacks
- Stade de France
- Bataclan theatre bd Voltaire,
- Rue Bichat
- Av de la République
- Bv Beaumarchais
- Rue Charonne
Earlier: At least 60 people were reported to have died on Friday night in France in what appeared to be a series of coordinated terrorist shootings outside bars, restaurants and a rock concert hall in eastern Paris.
A further 100 people were being held hostage.
We are also getting unconfirmed reports that people taken hostage within the concert hall were urging the police to storm the building as the gunmen were shooting them one by one.
French police are reportedly storming the Bataclan theatre.
A curfew has been imposed across Paris - the first time this has happened since the Occupation during the Second World War.
The hashtag #portouverte (open door) is now spreading across social media in Paris, as residents open their doors to each other.
President Hollande has declared a state of emergency in France, and has closed the French borders.
Two explosions were also heard near the Stade de France sports stadium five miles away during a France v Germany football friendly.
The French president, Francois Hollande, was hustled away from his seat in the stand.
Police sources said several people were feared to have died - and many others were wounded - when a gunman sprayed bullets at passers by and outside the Bataclan rock music venue near the Place de la Republique.
Late on Friday night a gunman was reported to be holding several people hostage within the concert hall.
There were reports of another shooting, this time in a shopping centre in Les Halles.
If confirmed, this is the fifth reported shooting this evening.
President Hollande has called an emergency cabinet meeting, scheduled for 11pm GMT.
Witnesses are reporting seeing at least "six bodies" outside one of the restaurants in Paris.
Jim Carroll, 67, who was walking home to his flat nearby, told France24 he heard a "a loud explosion" .
Then there was another explosion and spattering that lasted for a few seconds like the first one," he added. "Within just a minute there were the sounds of the engines."
Minutes earlier, there were two separate gun attacks on restaurants and bars near the Canal Saint Martin - also in the 10th arrondissement of Paris. One police officer described the scene as "carnage...a massacre".
Lone gunmen were reported to have sprayed the bars with bullets, leaving several customers dead or wounded.
The attacks occurred ten months after the jihadist shootings which killed 20 pepple at the offices of Charlie Hebdo magazine, less than a mile from last night's shootings.
Two explosions were clearly heard within the Stade de France football stadium. Police said that a grenade appeared to have been hurled at a bar near the stadium. There were no immediate reports of casualties.
Chilling moment that the explosion close to Stade de France could be heard mid-game between France & Germany https://t.co/5ZBcaJnuTh— David (@news_watcher1) November 13, 2015
The three gun attacks in the 10th arrondissement were reported to have occurred at around 9.30pm, local time, including one outside a restaurant-bar called Le Cendrillon on the Rue de la Fontaine.
The pavements outside the bar were said to have been crowded with Friday-night revellers, who had spilled onto the street on an unseasonably warm evening.
UPDATE: French police have confirmed that at least 18 people have been killed in at least two shooting incidents in Paris.
There are no details as to who may be behind the attacks or whether they are related.
But a correspondent for The Independent has described them as a co-ordinated series of attacks.
There are also unconfirmed reports as many as 60 people are being held by gunmen in the Bataclan concert hall.
Associated Press is reporting as many as 26 people have been killed in multiple shootings around the capital.
French President Hollande and his interior minister were rushed from the stadium near one explosion to deal with the enfolding situation.
The attack comes almost a year after the horrendous Charlie Hebdo attacks, in which 12 people lost their lives.
The area targeted is popular with tourists and was very busy on the Friday with many people outside.
Earlier, French media were reporting four people have been killed after a gunman opened fire with an automatic gun at the Cambodge restaurant in the French capital's 11 district.
Two police officials confirmed the shooting to Associated Press but had no information about casualties.
Meanwhile, there are also unconfirmed reports of an explosion targeting a bar near the Sade de France, as France hosted Germany in a friendly match.
The French president Francois Hollande, who was watching the match, has been evacuated from the stadium, CNN is reporting.