The man who allegedly attacked Daniel Morcombe's killer is a former inmate from Maryborough Correctional Centre.
The man who allegedly attacked Daniel Morcombe's killer is a former inmate from Maryborough Correctional Centre. Queensland Times

Former M'boro inmate allegedly attacked Daniel's killer

THE man who allegedly threw boiling water on Daniel Morcombe's killer is a former inmate of Maryborough Correctional Centre.

Adam Paul Davidson, 30, was charged with grievous bodily harm after the incident involving Brett Peter Cowan at Wolston Correctional Centre last month.

He appeared briefly in court last week over the alleged incident.

Channel Nine News reported Davidson appeared in court on Friday afternoon and did not enter a formal plea.

He is due to face court again later this month.

It is alleged Davidson tipped an urn of boiling water into a mop bucket before tipping the contents of the bucket on to Cowan and beating him with it.

Nine News reported Davidson told the court he attacked Cowan "for the people".

Queensland Police told media no more charges would be laid over the attack despite reports there had been other prisoners involved.

Cowan has reportedly been returned to the prison after being treated in hospital for burns to his head, legs and torso.

The Chronicle has learned Davidson was formerly an inmate at Maryborough prison.

Cowan, 46, was convicted in March, 2014, of the murder of Daniel Morcombe.

Daniel disappeared on the Sunshine Coast on December 7, 2003.

The investigation into Daniel's disappearance and the subsequent search for Cowan because Queensland's highest profile crime case.

Cowan had two previous convictions for child sex offences, with the earliest conviction dating back to 1987.
 


Graduation ceremonies and classes back for SCU students

Premium Content Graduation ceremonies and classes back for SCU students

SCU is returning to graduation ceremonies in 2021

‘Coward punch’ and assault to police caught on CCTV

Premium Content ‘Coward punch’ and assault to police caught on CCTV

A 34-year old man was charged after attacking a passer-by

Man who struck pedestrian with car disqualified from driving

Premium Content Man who struck pedestrian with car disqualified from driving

The alleged victim was carried on the bonnet for 10 metres