SIMON Cowell expects One Direction to break up to pursue solo careers.
The media mogul was the mastermind behind the hugely successful boyband after putting them together on 'The X Factor' UK in 2010, and he has admitted while he thinks they will make two more albums as a group, their future isn't certain after those records have been released.
He told the Daily Star Sunday newspaper: "Bands don't stay together forever.
"I think they will make at least two more albums together and they are in the middle of one right now."
While the 54-year-old star admitted the 'Story of My Life' hitmakers may go solo "eventually", he dismissed the idea Harry Styles would be quitting the band this year to pursue his own career.
He added: "No, I don't think that is going to happen for a while. Eventually I am sure they all will."
Harry, 20, has previously shot down speculation he would be leaving the group, and insisted he'll be part of One Direction until they're forced to go their separate ways due to old age.
He has said: "I'm 100 per cent in this band. I still want to be touring with One Direction in ten years. I'll be doing it until I'm old and people are telling me to stop."
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.