Four crews attended the fire.
Four crews attended the fire. Tessa Mapstone

Firefighters save house after fire starts in chimney

A HOUSE was saved from flames by firefighters after a chimney caught fire last night.

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said four urban and rural crews rushed to the house on Flagstone Creek Rd, Taabinga about 6pm yesterday.

"The fire was contained to the brickwork of the chimney," she said.

"They had the fire out at about 7pm."

It was the third house fire in the South Burnett since Tuesday.

On Tuesday Roy Morrison lost everything in his Booie house including one of his best friends, his dog Shelia who died in the fire. 

He was at his neighbour's property when the fire broke out about noon on Tuesday. 

The house was uninsured and burnt to the ground. 

And on Thursday a Mondure home burnt to the ground, with the occupant lucky to escape after his cat woke him in the middle of the night.

Murgon Fire Brigade Lieutenant Jim Dennis said the man was sleeping in the house when the fire broke out.

"The guy in the house said the cat jumped on him and woke him up and he heard the smoke alarm was going off," he said.

 

South Burnett

Multi-million dollar homes attract hundreds of enquiries

Premium Content Multi-million dollar homes attract hundreds of enquiries

Locals and high-flyers have been in the mix of buyers

Another Northern Rivers council declares housing ‘emergency’

Premium Content Another Northern Rivers council declares housing ‘emergency’

Councillors will be calling on the state and federal governments as homelessness...

One-stop shop for organic, natural, local products

Premium Content One-stop shop for organic, natural, local products

The new business is bringing together natural and organic products