Dad of shot girl ‘put lives at risk in drink driving incident’
THE father of a three-year-old girl who died after being shot in the neck at her western Sydney home had repeatedly put the lives of his four children in danger, it can be revealed.
A week after the tragic death of the young girl, who cannot be identified, The Daily Telegraph can reveal her 43-year-old father had also been caught drink-driving with his children in the car and has a history of ice and cocaine use. He has also been previously arrested for biting a police officer.
Victims advocate Howard Brown said the child would still be alive if her father, who was also subject to an Apprehended Violence Order to keep away from his ex-wife, had not been given bail.
Police now suspect the little girl was shot dead accidentally by one of her young brothers after the youngster found the illegal gun while playing in their Lalor Park home.
"What's a man doing with a weapon in his house when he is not a licensed shooter?" Mr Brown said.
"If the authorities had done their jobs the little girl would still have been alive today. Bail did not serve us this time."
It is alleged in documents from Katoomba Local Court that the man, who also cannot be named, repeatedly abused Family and Community Service caseworkers who were trying to protect his children.
"I'm going to f***ing cut yours and your children's heads open," he allegedly told one caseworker, who he bombarded with 200 abusive texts over two weeks.
He told another: "I'm going to split you in half."
The man, who lives in hotels around Sydney and drives a Mercedes, also boasted that he was "the man bikies fear" after being arrested alongside notorious Hells Angels boss Felix Lyle.
"Bring an extinguisher, you're dealing with fire," he told a caseworker, according to court documents. On Friday, he shouted "Let me see my daughter one more time" as he cried in the dock at Blacktown Local Court.
Lalor Park: There's no escape from ice's evil grip, dealers don't even bother to hide
"I love you, Daddy, I love you, Daddy. Please say it one more time," the man shouted.
"Let me see my daughter one more time."
He was appearing in court on firearm offences after allegedly stashing the gun in the house where the girl lived with her mother and three brothers. All were home when she was shot.
The man's lawyer William Barber told the court his client was "losing his mind" and was "very highly traumatised".
He has been charged with possessing the unauthorised and unregistered gun and breaching an AVO. The charges were adjourned to November 3.
He has not been charged over his daughter's death.
Heard sobbing over her dead body on the night of the tragedy, his ex-wife screamed "I hate you, I hate you" and "Rot in hell".
The court was told the father has "extreme issues re: grief".
He was arrested seven times over 12 months in 2015 and 2016 on 20 charges including drink-driving with his children in the car, biting a female police officer on the hand and being caught speeding with drugs in his car.
The Lebanese-born man is due to appear in the NSW District Court after pleading guilty to his role in a $460,000 mortgage fraud. He was arrested as part of Strike Force Apia which also netted Felix Lyle, currently in Villawood Detention Centre where he is fighting deportation to New Zealand.
He is also due to appear at Downing Centre Local Court on September 28, for participating in a criminal group, in criminal activity and supplying prohibited drugs.
Originally published as Dad of shot toddler's 'history of danger'