ARE you finding it hard trying to come up with a great gift for your mum this year?
We know that some people suffer shopper anxiety when the second Sunday of May rolls around, so we have done some of the hard work for you.
Of course, there are flowers, breakfast in bed and a nice card as traditional options.
And there's nothing like losing yourself while browsing along any retail strip or among the floors of your local shopping centre to find that perfect gift.
But here are some other ideas that mum might love, too.
Two of Australia's best "cool stuff" websites are Mozi and Hard to Find.
Here is a small collection of gifts you can consider for your mum, but there is PLENTY more online.
But be warned: be prepared to lose days while browsing their websites.
- Practical and stylish: Woven leather handbag, chocolate, $349
- Scent your space: reed diffusers, 250ml, $49.95
- Indulgent skincare: body butter, apple & green tea, 200g, $29.95
- Bathing with a twist: bath salts, apple & green tea, 250g, $16.95
- Sweet dreams guaranteed: eye pillow, strawberry fields, $19.95
- Colourful statement: cushions, apple orchard, $79.95
Hard To Find
This beautiful bracelet ($60) combines glowing Swarovski pearls and sparkling Swarovski crystals.
Finished with a sterling- silver bolt ring clasp.
Popular with brides and their wedding parties, the pearls are 8mm in diameter.
The small size measures 17.5cm (7inch); medium 19cm (7.5inch); large 20cm (8inch).
Made from reconstituted turquoise, this eye-catching ring ($40) is beautifully faceted and polished to perfection.
This statement piece looks best worn alone and teams perfectly with any black outfit.
The ring band width is 10mm. Inner diameter of ring: about 18mm (one size).
Is that cashmere? Yes indeed, in all its pink glory.
The stunning Audrey scarf ($195) by KIF Collection is made from the finest Mongolian cashmere.
It is the perfect combination of sheer and light, yet warm and soft. It is sized at a generous 200cm x 70cm.
Technology for mum
TIPPED to be the hottest gadget for 2013, CONTACT by Kaiser Baas pioneers a new generation of amplified speakers for your portable media devices which does not require drivers, cables or any type of configuration in order to work.
Perfect for any lounge room, kitchen, bedside table, or office desk, this technology, some say, is magic at $59.95.
Engrave it forever
WHY not think about engraving a special gift with a beautiful message your mum can keep close to her all-year round.
Engraving is available at Mister Minit from $12.95 for the first five letters, and they have a Mother's Day special of an $8 name engraving with any keyring bought in store.
Tips for better engraving
- Select a sentiment that will be as timeless as the love and appreciation it represents.
- Print clearly and double-check spelling and spacing for clarity when filling out the engraving order sheet.
- Allow extra time for the engraving process in case of delays.
- Opt for photo engraving for something really different.
- Choose an item to engrave that has a smooth clean surface.
WHERE TO BUY
Kaiser Bass: 1800 657 601, http://www.kaiserbaas.com
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.