Confessions of a stay at home mum
WE ALL know our sweet stay at home mums aren't always the angels they're made out to be.
Forget apron-wearing, perfectly groomed mums who bake cookies and dust window sills all day.
We're talking real mums. The ones who haven't brushed their hair in four days and couldn't give a rat's bottom about scoffing four rows of chocolate while hiding from their kids in the pantry.
This is real life, real mums, real confessions.
We asked our mummas to raise their hand and admit their dirty little secrets.
Let's take a dive into the secret life of stay at home mums…
1. I hide chocolate in the pantry and don't tell anyone else it's there.
2. Happy hour sometimes happens at 3pm.
3. Put the kids in the car and buy them a happy meal to keep them quiet.
4. Purposely not shaving my bikini line to make myself unattractive so my husband doesn't want to have sex!
5. People think I am super fit because I wear my gym clothes every day. It's all a lie. I wear them because they're stretchy and comfortable… and make me feel like I am exercising when I'm not.
6. My partner and I have a coping drawer. It's full of chocolate. When we need a few minutes time out we will say 'just need to go to the bathroom', but really we are going to the coping drawer.
7. One day I drove my kids to school in my work uniform but I didn't go to work. I just needed a day off without any calls or interruptions.
8. I told my daughter that in my room, in the man hole, is a secret play room - my play room. It has iPads and a whole lot of cool stuff. I say when I drop her off at school that I am going to play and if she is good she might get to see it one day. Started off as a bit of a game, but now she's dead keen to see it!
9. I secretly rock out to the wiggles with my two-year-old.
10. I've worn a jumper in summer because that day wasn't a bra day.
11. Every once and a while, cake for breakfast is totally okay.
12. I have lost my kids more than once in the shopping centre… this month.
13. I actually get a real kick out of seeing a clean bench top.
14. I brush my hair maybe once a week. If I go out. Even then, depends where I am going.
15. I get annoyed when I am not invited to a social gathering… but then decline anyway because I am too exhausted and can't be bothered with make-up an high heels.
Tell us your SAHM confessions!