Board fragment found in search for Peter Maynard
A SECTION of surfboard matching the description of the one used used by missing Noosa man Peter Maynard has been handed to Indonesian police.
The father of three from Queensland was on a solo surfing trip on Nusa Lembongan, an island just off Bali, when he vanished on August 27.
- Streakers 'a pain in the backside' - All Blacks coach
- Pilot radioed twice to save plane before fatal crash
- US mother killed by stone gargoyle falling off church
- Faulty printer outs PE teacher's relationship with student
- NASA astronauts give geography lesson from orbit
His family believes he went surfing that morning, as his white Hammo brand surfboard was among items missing from his hotel room.
The local man who found it handed it into police on Saturday after learning a surfer was missing in the area.
Read more at Brisbanetimes.com.au