Hospitality worker loses lower part of arm to exploding keg

A HOSPITALITY worker has lost part of his arm after a beer keg he was changing exploded at the weekend.

Jye Parker, 23, was releasing air from a keg in a cool room at the Bar Beach Bowling Club in Newcastle when the incident occurred.

He was rushed to John Hunter Hospital where he underwent immediate surgery.

His uncle, Neil Parker, told Seven News on Sunday his nephew was coming to terms with losing the lower part of his left arm.

He said the family was shocked at what had occurred.

"The support is there but it is very hard to deal with something like this," he said.

"He is only a young bloke.

"The fact his left arm is gone . . . it is going to be a long road ahead."

NSW WorkCover has launched an investigation into the incident. - APN NEWSDESK.


Anzac biscuits a recipe for remembrance

Anzac biscuits a recipe for remembrance

Baking these biscuits is an April tradition.

Spend money on veterans' health, not war memorials

Spend money on veterans' health, not war memorials

Former army chief calls for more mental health support for veterans

How to save $200 on your electricity bill

How to save $200 on your electricity bill

Slash your power bill and reduce your impact on the environment

Local Partners