$25 Coles cake Aussies can’t get enough of
Australians lost it when Coles released its new pink drip cake just before Mother's Day this year.
And now, the same Instagram-worthy dessert has been named as one of the country's favourite items in the 2020 Product of the Year Awards.
The 35 winners of the coveted awards were announced at a gala event in Sydney hosted by Sonia Kruger.
More than 10,000 Australian shoppers cast their votes to determine next year's winners, making it the world's largest consumer-voted awards program.
This year, 13 winners sat within the health category, including healthy snacks, food, oral care, digestive and gut health and supplements.
Product of the Year director Sarah Connelly said the awards reflected Australians becoming increasingly health conscious.
"We're thrilled to see that healthier alternatives are increasingly available in stores as consumers are yearning for this," she said.
"We're also happy to see an increase in 'self-care' products as the importance placed on mental health and wellbeing in society continues to escalate.
"Not only will these products improve consumers' quality of life, they are also becoming more affordable and accessible."
There were several newcomers this year, including Castello, Darrell Lea, Gravox, Sunsol, Dilmah, The Juice Brothers and Australia's Own.
Coles also scooped up five awards within the cheese, bakery, cakes, household cleaning and meal solution categories.
Winning Coles products include the $4 Finest By Laurent sourdough rolls three pack, with each loaf of the Finest by Laurent range taking 30 hours to create.
Others include the supermarket's $5 ash brie, $4.50 Green Choice bathroom cleaner, crackling ham roast and the $25 triple layer drip cake, which includes a pink ganache drip and is available in additional vanilla and chocolate frosting.
Coles chief executive commercial and express Greg Davis told news.com.au the company wanted to wow customers with its Own Brand range.
"Our vision is to be the most trusted retailer in Australia, and we're delighted to see customers have chosen a variety of different Coles products as best on shelf," he said.
"Our product development teams work closely with some of Australia's best producers to create new and innovative products to make life easier for our customers and help us fulfil our strategy to make Coles an Own Brand Powerhouse.
"The Coles Drip Cake range is a perfect example of providing value and making life easier for our customers. We've developed a product that's delicious, fantastic quality and great value but also can act as a blank canvas for customers to create their own masterpiece for any special occasion without breaking the bank."
Mr Davis said Own Brand had evolved over the past 18 months.
• Coles Finest By Laurent sourdough rolls three pack
• Nature's Way beauty collagen shot beauty supplement
• Camel Milk body cream
• Coles pink vanilla drip cake
• Coles ash brie
• Castello tropical fruit and almond cheese
• Darrell Lea chocolate blocks
• Gravox crispy coating mix
• Nutra-Life gut relief with probiotics
• Rexona advanced protection deodorant
• Canesten vaginal PH self test
• Slim Secrets choc love bites by Sophie Monk
• Palmolive luminous oils shampoo
• BX Earth hand wash
• Sunsol probiotic toasted muesli
• Messy Monkeys rice puff bars
• Kava Kave Kalmer Kava health supplements
• Cobs pop'd chips
• Coles Green Choice bathroom cleaner
• Aeroguard fabric insect repellent
• Coles crackling ham roast
• Birds Eye microwave chips
• Listerine Go! Tabs
• Australia's Own barista plant based milks
• Blis probiotics throatguard
• San Remo ready pasta
• Seeds of Change pasta sauces
• Natural Instincts radiance mist
• Skin Nutrient red wine refining and exfoliating mask
• D'orsogna Carolina style sweet Dijon mustard leg ham
• Dons Smallgoods DON naturals
• The Juice Brothers sparkling
• Skin Nutrient sun barrier tone-up whitening sunscreen
• Dilmah natural infusions
• Voltaren emulgel