MINERAL exploration projects will share $1.43 million in Queensland Government grants for targeted drilling projects.
The 16 projects will target gold, copper-gold, base metals, graphite and phosphate in greenfield and brownfield areas in Queensland.
Natural Resources Minister Anthony Lynham told Queensland Parliament the money would support the ongoing employment of about 100 people on drilling crews in regional areas.
"Ongoing exploration is a long-term investment," he said.
"It's absolutely vital to unlocking the resource sector projects that will support the mining projects and jobs of the future in Queensland.
"Nine of the 16 projects will be in North-West Queensland, the globally recognised minerals province with high-quality copper, silver, lead, zinc, gold and phosphate deposits.
"A further five projects are in north Queensland while the remaining two are in southern and south-west Queensland."
Mr Lynham said the Geological Survey of Queensland and an independent panel had selected the 16 successful projects from 38 applications for their innovative exploration proposals or location in under-explored areas of Queensland.
"Junior explorers in particular will benefit from these collaborative drilling grants which cover half the drilling costs of a project, up to a maximum of $150,000."
- APN NEWSDESK
- Earth Ray Exploration: Boondoona Fault Project (base metals) - 45km north-west of Eulo
- Carpentaria Gold: Mt Glenroy Project (gold) - 40km south-east of Ravenswood
- Drummond Gold: Mt Coolon North Project (gold) - 3km south of Mt Coolon
- Zamia Resources: Warroo Project (gold) - 50km west of Stanthorpe
- Red River Resources: Mt Windsor Project - Truncheon Prospect (base metals) and Jasper Flats Prospect (metals) - 25km south of Charters Towers.
- Straits Resources: Yandan Billabong Project (gold) - 150km south-east of Charters Towers
- Phosphate International: Barr Creek Project (phosphate) - 160km north-west of Clonclurry
- Kabiri Resources: Boomarra Project (copper, gold) - 150km north-west of Cloncurry
- Minotaur: Osborne Project (copper, gold) 160km south of Cloncurry
- GraphiteCorp: Mount Dromedary Flake Graphite Project (graphite) - 125km north west of Cloncurry
- MRG Metals (Exploration): Davenport Downs Project (copper, gold) - 120km south-east of Boulia
- Aeon Walford Creek: Beauchamps Project (copper, gold) - 100km west of Mount Isa
- Real (Aust) Holdings: Iffley Project (copper, gold) - 140km south-west of Croydon - and Wondoola Project (copper, gold) - 100km south-west of Normanton.
- Red Metal: Maronan Project (base metals) - 60km south-west of Cloncurry
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.