HEALTHY skin can be difficult to maintain, especially during the winter months when skin can be especially affected by dryness when the humidity is low.
There are many ways to improve the quality of your skin and ensure it remains in good condition through the cold winter weather.
TOP TIPS for healthy skin
- Having a healthy diet and drinking plenty of water are two key ways to keep your skin in great condition.
- Foods rich in zinc, vitamin A, omega 3, omega 6 and proteins are all invaluable in keeping skin healthy.
- Drinking eight glasses of water a day will cleanse your body of toxins and keep your skin hydrated.
- Make sure you don't get dehydrated as this will cause your skin to dry up.
- Lemon juice is great for blemishes, freckles, acne marks and dark spots.
- Be sure to keep your skin clean, washing it with water and mild soap at least twice a day.
- Removing all make-up of a night and washing before you go to bed will help prevent clogged pores.
- Be sure to change make-up applicators and brushes every few months to ensure only clean utensils are touching your face.
- Use a cream or lotion that will moisturise your skin and during the day use a lotion or foundation that contains sun block.
- Make sure you protect your skin from the sun.
- If a tan is desired, try spray tanning or lotions that assist with tanning - do not go out in the sun unprotected.
- Tanning causes damage to skin that will lead to wrinkles and increase the risk of skin cancer.
- Sleep is also essential to having rejuvenated and glowing skin, so get the eight hours you need.