WESTERN Force winger Nick Cummins is putting any thoughts of facing the British Lions next year on the back-burner as the Wallabies look to finish off the Spring Tour in style against Wales on Sunday morning (AEST).
Cummins has had a good tour in Europe scoring Australia's only tries (two) in games against England and Italy last week.
But while he admits he would love to face the Lions, Sunday's clash at the Millennium Stadium has to come first before a long holiday.
"We have a few new blokes in the team, and we have had a lot of injuries this year," he said.
"If everyone is fit, we will have a good stock to pick from against the Lions. That tour is at the back of your mind, but there are two things we need to do first.
"We need to finish this tour on a good note, giving us something to build on when we get back, and then have a well-earned break to freshen the mind so you have the eye of the tiger when you come back, a burning desire to get into them."
Australia has recovered from a sound 33-6 thrashing at the hands of the French in Paris, beating England and Italy to set themselves up for a possible eighth successive victory over Wales.
Wales, though, is battling to avoid an autumn Test series whitewash following defeats against Argentina, Samoa and New Zealand which has pushed them close to dropping out of the world's top eight nations ahead of next week's draw for the 2015 Rugby World Cup.
"I reckon Wales will be hungrier than ever," Cummins said.
"We are going to have to be on the ball because they will want to finish strongly."
Wales coach Warren Gatland, meanwhile, said the world had not seen the best of the Wallabies and predicted they would be a better unit come next year's Lions tour, where he is also coach.
"They've had some significant injuries," he said.
"But because of that they have been able to bring some youngsters on, bring some others in and add to the depth of the squad.
"You will not see the benefit now but when all those other key players are fit and available in 12 months time they will add strength and depth to the squad which they haven't got now."
All Blacks hooker Andrew Hore has been banned for five weeks for his swinging arm challenge that knocked out Welsh lock Bradley Davies.
Hore pleaded guilty to the charge of striking Davies in the first minute of the All Blacks' 33-10 victory in Cardiff last Sunday.
He was given an eight-week suspension that was reduced to five on the grounds he had shown genuine remorse by apologising to Davies, and his previously clean record.
Perched on sought after McAuleys Lane in the Byron Bay Hinterland with sweeping views over the surrounding countryside from Mount Chincogan to the Koonyum Range is...
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.