Footy Finals Countdown Promotion
Terms and conditions of entry
1.Method of entry:
Entry to this competition is deemed acceptance by applicants of these terms and conditions. To enter, individuals must:
(a) Satisfy the eligibility limitations set out in paragraph 3;
(b) Enter between Monday 5th September 2011 2.30pm AEST and 7pm AEST on Sunday 2nd October 2011 (the Competition Period); and
(i)At the time of entry, register online to one of the website set out in paragraph 1(d) and provide full details including full name, phone, address and date of birth; and
(ii)Submit answers to the weekly Footy quiz via the online entry form available in the websites set out in paragraph 1(d) to cumulate points;
The footy Quiz will be published online as follow:
a. Week 1: Quiz starts online Monday 5th September at 2.30pm and closes Sunday 11th September at 11.59pm
b. Week 2: Quiz starts online Monday 12th September at 2pm and closes Sunday 18th September at 11.59pm
c. Week 3: Quiz starts online Monday 19th September at 2pm and closes Sunday 25th September at 11.59pm
d. Week 4: Quiz starts online Monday 26th September at 2pm and closes Sunday 2nd October at 7pm
(iii)As an option, contestant may collect weekly codes published in the corresponding Daily/Community masthead newspapers to double their points of the corresponding week; code will be published as follow:
a. Week 2 – Starting Monday 12th September 2011 - code publication details are as follow
(1) DailyMasthead Newspapers code publication day: Thursday 15th September 2011;
(2) Central Queensland Newsand Noosa News code publication day: Friday 16th September 2011;
(3) All other community newspapers(listed in paragraph 1.(d) code publication day will match their single publication day of the week.
b. Week 3 – Starting Monday 19th September 2011 - code publication details are as follow
(1) Daily Masthead Newspapers code publication date: Thursday 22nd September 2011;
(2) Central Queensland News and Noosa News code publication date: Friday 23rd September 2011;
(3) All other community newspapers (listed in paragraph 1.(d)) code publication day will match the newspaper weekly publication day (as defined at www.apnarm.com.au)
c. Week 4 – Starting Monday 26th September 2011 - code publication details are as follow
(1) Daily Masthead Newspapers code publication day: Thursday 29th September 2011;
(2) Central Queensland News and Noosa News code publication day: Friday 30th September 2011;
(3) All other community newspapers (listed in paragraph 1.(d) code publication day will match the newspaper weekly publication day (as defined at www.apnarm.com.au)
(d) Online entry must be submitted weekly via the entry form on one of the twenty seven (27) participating Masthead websites:
(i) www.qt.com.au - Corresponding Daily Masthead Newspaper: QT – The Queensland Times
(ji) www.thechronicle.com.au – Corresponding Daily Masthead Newspaper: The Chronicle
(iii) www.mydailynews.com.au – Corresponding Daily Masthead Newspaper: Daily News
(iv) www.northernstar.com.au – Corresponding Daily Masthead Newspaper: The Northern Star
(v) www.dailyexaminer.com.au - Corresponding Daily Masthead Newspaper: The Daily Examiner
(vi) www.coffscoastadvocate.com.au - Corresponding Daily Masthead Newspaper: The Coffs Coast Advocate
(vii) www.dailymercury.com.au - Corresponding Daily Masthead Newspaper: Daily Mercury
(viii) www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au - Corresponding Daily Masthead Newspaper: Fraser Coast Chronicle
(ix) www.gympietimes.com.au - Corresponding Daily Masthead Newspaper: The Gympie Times
(x) www.news-mail.com.au - Corresponding Daily Masthead Newspaper: NewsMail
(xi) www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au - Corresponding Daily Masthead Newspaper: The Sunshine Coast Daily
(xii) www.warwickdailynews.com.au - Corresponding Daily Masthead Newspaper: Warwick Daily News
(xiii) www.byronnews.com.au - Corresponding Community Masthead Newspaper: Byron Shire News
(xiv) www.goldcoastmail.com.au - Corresponding Community Masthead Newspaper: The Gold Coast Mail
(xv) www.gattonstar.com.au - Corresponding Community Masthead Newspaper: The Gatton Star
(xvi) www.centraltelegraph.com.au - Corresponding Community Masthead Newspaper: The Central Telegraph
(xvii) www.cqnews.com.au - Corresponding Community Masthead Newspaper: Central Queensland News
(xviii) www.whitsundaytimes.com.au - Corresponding Community Masthead Newspaper: The Whitsunday Times
(xix) www.ballinaadvocate.com.au - Corresponding Community Masthead Newspaper: The Ballina Advocate
(xx) www.thesatellite.com.au - Corresponding Community Masthead Newspaper: The Satellite
(xxi) www.ipswichadvertiser.com.au - Corresponding Community Masthead Newspaper: The Ipswich Advertiser
(xxii) www.thereporter.com.au - Corresponding Community Masthead Newspaper: The Reporter
(xxiii) www.noosanews.com.au - Corresponding Community Masthead Newspaper: Noosa News
(xxiv) www.coolum-news.com.au: Corresponding Community Masthead Newspaper: Coolum & North Shire News
(xxv) www.echonews.com.au - Corresponding Community Masthead Newspaper: The Northern Rivers Echo
(e) An individual may only be eligible if they are registered as a contestant once therefore may submit only one entry per week and any contestant may only win one prize per week and one grand prize. Additionally winners must be prepared to present correct photo ID for prize collection to prove they are the identity of the winner’s name. If the individual is found to have registered more than once as a contestant the Promoter reserves the right to refuse to grant prizes.
2. Competition duration: The Competition runs during the Competition Period. Entries received before the commencement or after the closure of the Competition Period will not be eligible.
3. Eligibility limitations: Entrants must be, and by entering this Competition warrant that they are:
(a) Resident of APN Australian Regional Media circulation area, specifically those residing in the following postcodes:
4677, 4670, 4621, 4671, 4660, 4627, 4625, 4630, 4626, 4674, 4673, 2454, 2450, 2456, 2453, 2448, 2452, 2455, 4655, 4659, 4581, 4650, 4662, 4695, 4680, 4715, 4717, 4678, 4745, 4720, 4710, 4702, 4676, 4718, 4694, 4703, 2464, 2460, 2469, 2465, 2466, 2463, 2462, 2477, 2478, 2479, 2483, 2481, 2470, 2471, 2474, 2473, 2480, 2482, 2372, 2475, 2472, 2476, 4802, 4799, 4805, 4798, 4723, 4739, 4741, 4721, 4804, 4757, 4756, 4743, 4803, 4740, 4801, 4738, 4753, 4746, 4754, 4744, 4742, 4800, 4737, 4707, 4709, 4751, 4829, 4830, 4820, 4824, 4825, 4821, 4823, 4891, 4890, 4810, 4874, 4735, 4724, 4699, 4725, 4472, 4712, 4711, 4728, 4730, 4705, 4714, 4701, 4700, 4722, 4420, 4716, 4719, 4704, 4519, 4560, 4507, 4556, 4510, 4551, 4552, 4573, 4569, 4563, 4554, 4562, 4574, 4571, 4550, 4564, 4558, 4557, 4553, 4567, 4566, 4555, 4568, 4565, 4559, 4575, 4561, 4570, 4580, 4601, 4600, 4306, 4305, 4300, 4304, 4310, 4301, 4311, 4303, 4312, 4343, 4307, 4309, 4341, 4346, 4340, 4313, 4362, 4462, 4477, 4382, 4408, 4401, 2409, 4404, 4412, 4364, 4358, 4407, 4470, 4413, 4361, 4416, 4387, 4402, 4375, 4355, 4490, 4405, 4486, 4425, 4342, 4354, 4390, 4347, 4418, 4353, 4352, 4344, 4454, 4410, 4403, 4373, 4610, 4400, 4365, 4615, 4422, 4415, 4357, 4465, 4468, 4356, 2406, 4605, 4360, 4480, 4455, 4487, 4380, 4417, 4478, 4421, 4385, 4497, 4498, 4350, 4383, 4428, 4419, 4411, 4370, 4606, 4371, 4614, 4388, 2410, 4427, 2486, 4225, 4223, 2487, 2484, 2489 ,4224, 2485, 4374, 4377, 4488, 4406, 4511, 4517, 4505, 4508, 4516, 4515, 4506, 4504, 4512, 4514, 4229, 4220, 4221, 4226, 4228, 4227, 4219, 4750, 4572, 4482, 4828, 4871, 4613, 4124, 4118, 4130, 4132, 4127, 4116, 4114, 4112, 4129, 4131, 4125, 4115, 4123, 4128, 4119, 4133, 4075, 4076, 4077, 4078, 4074 ,4073, 4378, 4381, 2488, 4736, 4492, 4481.
(b)The following persons are ineligible to enter the Competition:
(i) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter, its subsidiaries and related corporations so far as they are directly associated with this Competition; and
(ii) the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household).
(iii) Applicants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name;
All entrants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the Prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the Prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed Prize.
4. The Draw:
(a) Major prizes
(i) Components are Defined in paragraph 5.(a)(i) and are to be won based on a game of skill; and
(ii) There is only three (3) winners, one per prize; and
(iii) The three (3) winners will be determined by the highest points cumulated. Grand prize will be award to the highest scored contestant, second highest will be awarded the second prize and the third highest the third prize. Points are to be cumulated as per the following model:
a. contestant will gain one (1) point per correct answer to each question of the weekly quiz, up to a maximum of 5 (five) points per quiz made of 5 questions; and
b. Contestant have the option to double their weekly points by entering the weekly code published in the corresponding newspaper masthead (as defined in paragraph 1.(c)(iii), at the time of entry; and
c.Contestant points will be added week on week, subject to correct registration details provided; and
d.The maximum number of points to be cumulated during the competition is set at 40 (forty) being for 5 (correct answers) x 2 (double points code) x 4 (weeks);
(iv) In the event of a tie, the winner will be selected by a random draw of all tied contestants. The draw will take place on Monday 3rd October at 5pm, judging will take place at APN Australian Regional Media offices located Level 3, 33 Park road, Milton, QLD, 4064.
(iii) The winners’ name will be published on the participating websites on Tuesday 4th October 2011 at 5pm. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Details of the Prizes are set out in paragraph 5. (the Prizes). There is a limit of 1 Prize per person. The winning entrants will be notified by email or telephone and their names published.
(b) Weekly Prizes
(i) Weekly prizes are defined in paragraph 5(a)(ii) and are to be won by a game of chance;
(ii) There is only one (1) winner per week for 4 (four weeks);
(iii) The 4 (four) Weekly random draws will take place on Monday 12th September 2011, Monday 19th September 2011, Monday 26th September 2011 and Monday 3rd October 2011 at 1pm. Judging will take place at APN Australian Regional Media offices located offices located Level 3, 33 Park road, Milton, QLD, 4064.
5. The Prizes:
(a) The total prize pool is valued at $3,000 (GST included) and is composed of:
(i) Major prizes are:
a. 1st Prize (“Grand Prize”: 1 x $1,000 Cash
b. 2nd Prize: 1 x $500 Cash
c. 3rd Prize: 1 x $300 Cash
(ii) Weekly Prizes are 4 x $300 cash
(b) If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
6. Competition administration: The Promoter in its reasonable discretion shall determine any verification tests and procedures. ID that includes a photograph, proof of age, identity and residency may be required. The Promoter reserves the right to appoint judges for the Competition. The Promoter and any judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Upon request by the Promoter a receipt and acknowledgement of these terms and conditions must be signed and endorsed by the winning Contestants to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms. .
7. Prize collection: All entrants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicize and publish his / her name, character and likeness. The winning entrants must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilize publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the winning entrants. All prizes when specified must be claimed before Thursday 29th September, should the prize not be claimed by this date it will be forfeit.
8. Exclusive Publication rights: All applicants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicize and publish his / her name, character and likeness and editorial coverage of their background, business ideas and such other subjects as the Promoter deems relevant. The winner must makes themselves available for a photo and for interviews if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilize publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Applicant. The winner acknowledges that the Promoter shall have exclusive rights of interview and access to the winner for the purposes of publication or broadcast, and the winner will not provide any information to any other publisher, broadcaster or any journalist not employed by any of the Newspapers, for a period of 12 months after the Promoter has awarded the prize.
9. Misconduct by Applicants: The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter reserves its legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender.
10. Promoter's limitation of liability: This clause does not affect, and is not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have, which cannot be excluded under applicable consumer protection laws. Where liability can be excluded under applicable law then to the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or their servant or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the cost of having a Prize supplied again. In addition, again to the extent permitted by law:
(a) the Promoter are not responsible or liable for and are fully released from any liability in connection with:
1. inaccurate / incorrect transcription of entry information;
2. purported entries that are not received for any reason, including because they are lost, misdirected or stolen, or that are received, but are late, illegible, incomplete, sent with insufficient postage (where entry is by post), or sent other than as directed in the entry instructions;
3. any problems or technical failures of any kind, including malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or network, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software;
4. the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service whether or not caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website;
5. unauthorised human intervention in any part of the Competition;
6. electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Competition;
7. any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to a Prize winner and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying a winner; or
8. any injury or damage to persons or property, including to the participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading any materials in this Competition.
(b) The Promoter are not liable for and fully released from any liability in connection with personal injury suffered in entering in or participating in this Competition or due to or in connection with the receipt of or utilization of a Prize. Each winning entrant must sign and return any liability release and indemnity provided by the Promote as a condition of a Prize being awarded. Failure to return the signed releases and indemnities will result in the entitlement to the Prize being forfeited and the selection of another winner.
(c) The Promoter are not responsible for and fully released from any liability in connection with any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or website user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or website, software failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries and any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this Competition.
(d) If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned (including but not limited to) technical failures, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and, subject to any written directions given by the various Lottery Departments, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition.
12: Promoter: The Promoter is APN Newspapers Pty Ltd ACN 009 657 943 , Level 3, 33 Park Road Milton Qld 4064.
Authorized under NSW permit #LTPM/11/00500